In the US, cannabis legalization efforts continue their forward momentum as more states adopt lenient laws and regulations about the plant. One side effect of this relaxed attitude is that many cannabis-infused products are hitting the market. THC-infused edibles are becoming a big business, with items like gummies, vapes, and candies hitting the shelves.
For a long time, there were two primary ingredients that people knew about within cannabis – CBD and THC. However, in recent years, researchers have discovered multiple types of THC, including Delta 8. While Delta 9 is what gives you a euphoric, “high” feeling, Delta 8 is much less potent. As a result, manufacturers offer Delta 8 products as a somewhat “lite” version of regular cannabis.
Because all of these changes are relatively recent, there’s one question you may be asking, “will Delta 8 gummies get me high?” Let’s find out.
What is Delta 8 THC?
There are over 100 cannabinoids within the cannabis plant, and THC is one of the most prevalent. However, there are four main types of THC, including Delta 8 and Delta 9 varieties. When it comes to smoking or ingesting cannabis to get high, Delta 9 has the most psychoactive effects. However, because Delta 8 is also a form of THC, it offers similar results.
Most people assume that Delta-8 is taken directly from the cannabis plant, but that is not the case. CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and then undergoes processing to extra Delta-8 from the CBD.
Will Delta 8 THC Gummies Get Me High?
The short answer is, “it depends.” However, the consensus is that Delta 8 THC does give you a milder version of the high you would get from Delta-9 and cannabis. There are a couple of reasons why it’s hard to answer this question definitively, such as:
- User Biology – THC and other cannabinoids interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). As a rule, if your ECS is functioning well, you’ll feel fewer effects from using cannabis. However, if your ECS is inefficient or out of balance, taking cannabinoids can have a more profound impact.
- Lower Potencies – Most Delta 8 products have around 25 mg per serving of THC inside. With regular cannabis, you can have up to 100 milligrams per ounce. So, you’re not getting as much of the cannabinoid, so it doesn’t feel as impactful.
Pros and Cons of Consuming Delta 8 Gummies
Overall, Delta 8 THC is safe to consume and may offer mild psychoactive effects. However, it’s best to use these products knowing what to expect, so here are some pros and cons of using Delta 8.
- Pro: Added Health Benefits – Some gummies have added vitamins and other nutritiaion supplements to enhance the therapeutic benefits.
- Pro: Milder, less anxiety than Delta 9.
- Pro: Easier to purchase than Delta 9.
- Pro: Easier to manage the high.
- Con: For heavy marijuana users, it is harder to create a high.
Get Your Delta 8 Gummies From Lokilicious!
If you’re ready to see what Delta 8 can do for you, browse our selection online and choose the right flavor for your taste buds. We offer affordable pricing and high-quality ingredients to satisfy your cravings.